Thursday, May 28, 2009

Florence and Montone:Oh the Excitement!!

So, just thought I would update on the whole picture thing seeing as how we don't have too many of them up. :]  Below consists of ....interesting.. pictures from an evening in Montone, and also a few from Florence.  Enjoy!!
Below:
Kaci, Brian, and Kris touching the "creepy door." ....which is actually the door to an old prison in Montone where they beheaded their prisoners above!! Yay!!

Professors Denny and Bryce taking a delightful car ride back to Montone from dinner.  There wasn't enough room in the car, so we had to kind of.... squish, as you can see below.  Denny absolutely loved the entire thing.  No complaining whatsoever.  Haha! 

The Uffizi, which we toured on the second day in Florence.  I almost cried when I saw Sandro Botticelli's work.  I really got inspired in there. :]
The Gates of Paradise on the doors to the Baptismal.
The Dome of the Duomo.  Brunelleschi's Dome, to be precise.  Apparently it was a tough walk up.... of which I did not have the joy of experiencing.  Kaci and I assumed the line would be super long, so we took our time at what we were doing, and by the time we got there to meet some of the others, they were already inside.  Sad day.
The tower of the Duomo.  Which also looks like a tough climb, but none of us got to experience that joy either.
Me, Kaci, and Perry Jo standing in front of the copy of David outside the Uffizi.
Copy of Michelangelo's David.
And some other copies of which I have yet to look up the names for.  I knew them when I saw them, but..... forgot.  Sorry, guys.

OH MY GOSH!  This guy was hilarious.  He was dressed as cupid, and kept winking and waving at people to come over and drop money into his little basket.  I didn't do it, but I stole a picture of him anyway. :]
Well, that's it for now.  I'm hungry and we're going to the Pizzaria tonight!!!!! YAY!

Ciao,
Charity and Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment