Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Arezzo and San Sepolcro

This the big piazza in Arezzo. The Basilica of San Francesco is off to the right and at the cafe on the left, Meagan, Kendra and I had expensive gelato. The waitress was quite rude and was impatient while we ordered and then when she brought us our order she said rather abruptly "You pay now!" That's her below serving another table. After the expensive gelato and rude waitress we went into the basilica to see the Pierro della Francesca frescoes. I don't have any pictures of those because cameras were not allowed.

This is the top of one of the buildings in the piazza in Arezzo. I just thought it was neat. Hence the photo.
Kendra and Charlotte mimicking the flying baby angel heads we saw in a lot of paintings.
We also got to do a little shopping in Arezzo and Shari and Bree both came away with these snazzy shoes. I mostly just bought little things in museum gift shops because I'm saving my moola for Florence and Rome.

By the way, I didn't really have any decent photos of San Sepolcro because it was a rather quick excursion. However, tomorrow we leave for Florence and you can bet there will be TONS of photos from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment