Monday, May 19, 2008

Well folks, it's getting closer and closer. I now only have two full days in between me and a Boeing 777 bound for Rome. I've starting packing and am fully packing my suitcases so I can weigh them and shift things around as I need to. We are allowed to take two 50 lb bags that we can check in and one carry one and one "extra item" like a purse or laptop bag.

Now, of course we ladies know how to work that extra bag like nobody's business. We bring the biggest purse/bag we own and stuff our smaller "real" purse inside another bag. But we should be able to work the system! Do you have any idea how much extra crap we have to carry around? I mean really! The makeup, the hair products, the skincare stuff...oy vey! And yes, I did just say oy vey.

Anyways, the cat (Tigg) is getting rather concerned because I've had my suitcases out in the living room and have been putting stuff in them. He knows I'm leaving him and he has been very clingy and sad the past day or two. My sis and I came home from running errands and he was sleeping in my suitcase. Awwwww! So sad!

Alright, that's all for me now. I'll do one more quick post before we leave Thursday morning.

BTW, I think the whole "intrepid student blogger" thing is going to get REAL old REAL quick. But I do feel like I need to have something to give my posts a smooth finish...any suggestions? Oh, and nothing rude people...the comments are being monitored by RSU and if ya'll are jerks and post obscene things on the site then comments will be disabled and I don't want that. I want to hear from you guys back home :) So behave!

3 comments:

  1. This pic made me laugh! Reminds me of what my kitty does when I pack a suitcase. Kittys think that suitcases are for laying on or in. They are just such hams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to have so much fun.

    ReplyDelete