Monday, May 26, 2008

First Critique with Daniel Lang



Today was our first official day of class. We climbed the mountain (which we all have different names for) and drew and painted in the morning. Then around 11:15 we had a critique with Daniel Lang, an amazing American artist who lives in Montone for half the year. He lives in New York the other half, but he is actually from Oklahoma and you can find his work in both the Philbrook and the Gilcrease.

He is a soft spoken, kind, and humorous man with an incredible knowledge of art that he is sharing with us. I'm running out of time of the computer today, but the next time I post I'm going to try and put some of his work up and give a little background info on him. Until then, feel free to Google him.

Now it's back to class. The group I'm in today is with Dr. Ford and I believe we're going to start learning a little art history and study the literature that accompanies it.

Ciao for now!

5 comments:

  1. YES! This is so exciting!
    I'm glad to see Bryce is making himself useful as a human easel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of my human easel husband...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jen
    your trip sounds and looks completely amazing so FAR! i am getting one of those paintings for sure!
    well continue to keep us posted..
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you are having a great time. Bring back lots of stuff to show at the library!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see this program is happening! It brings back fond memories. I was there with TU in 1995 and loved it. Please say hello to Daniel and Gary from "Sister Bernadine" in Oklahoma. We had so much fun. The art, the food and the company. I want to come again. Enjoy the good times and company and wonderful art experiences.
    Linda Coward, Tulsa
    Brookside Pottery

    ReplyDelete